About the CZ LOKO Brand

The company’s development throughout history
1849
railway service shop opens in Ceska Trebova on the newly laid railway line between Ceska Trebova and Brno
repairs and maintenance of steam locomotives and other railway vehicles
1913
new service shop built
1966
repair shop for diesel electric hydro-dynamic transmission locomotives opens
1967
repair shop for diesel electric transmission locomotives and rotary electric machines opens
1972
the last steam locomotive is repaired and delivered to client
1988
repair shop for electric locomotives opens
1992
railway repair shop in Ceska Trebova privatised: diesel electric locomotive modernisations begin in Jihlava
1993
Prvni spravkarenska, s r.o., founded in Nymburk
1994
Jihlavska lokomotivni spolecnost, s.r.o. founded in Jihlava
1995
Ceskomoravska komercni spolecnost, a.s. founded in Nymburk, which oversees the activities of various companies such as Prvni spravkarenska, spol. s r.o., Nymburk and Jihlavska lokomotivni spolecnost, s.r.o.
1997
Zeleznicni opravny a strojirny, spol. s r.o., in Ceska Trebova joins the Ceskomoravska komercni spolecnost association
1999
Ceskomoravska komercni spolecnost, a.s. renamed to CMKS holding, a.s.. The shops v Ceska Trebova and Jihlava incorporated into the company’s holding structure. Prvni spravkarenska, spol. s r.o. merges with Jihlavska lokomotivni spolecnost, s.r.o.
2003
the first 709.4 series diesel electric locomotive with electric transmission is constructed
2004
the Phoenix-Zeppelin company, exclusive dealer of the CATERPILLAR corporation in the Czech Republic, becomes strategic partner
2005
the 621-101 locomotive (709.4 in the CR) is awarded a gold medal at the International Engineering Fair in Brno
2006
the company is renamed to CZ LOKO, a.s., registered trademark CZ LOKO
2007
ČME3-M, the first diesel electric locomotive renovated for East Europe with a gauge of 1 520 mm
2008
the new 719.7 series two axle locomotive with A/C power and asynchronous traction motors is constructed
2009
the first six-axle TEM TMX locomotive with electric transmission for East Europe is constructed with a gauge of 1 520 mm
2011
the first four axle diesel electric locomotive of the 744.0 series is developed and built in the CR according to European legislature and TSI norms
2012
the first new four-axle TEM LTX asynchronous locomotive is constructed for 1 520 mm gauge railways, the construction of 20 new two-axle TME 3 asynchronous locomotives for the Belarus State Railways commences
2013
Share of business to eastern markets rises to over 50% of total Company turnover